Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 21

Today I was at the bus stop and the neighbor girl and her friends were asking me about America, mostly about Twinkies. Apparently they've only seen people eating them in movies and they were realy interested to know what they taste like. And they were also very curious about the cheese that you spray out of a can...it was really funny.
In the school week, everyone has 6 subjects but theres only 5 spells per day, so you have each class 4 times a week...which leaves 1 extra hour on friday, therefore school starts at 9:45 on Fridays. It also starts at 9:45 on Wednesdays because the teachers have meetings in the morning. But school always ends at 3:15, no matter when it starts. We also get half an hour for tea time and an hour for lunch, so the day goes by very fast.
At 7pm, Kendyl and her host parents picked me up and brought me to see My Life in Ruins in the theater. Kendyl is from Buffalo, New York. Her rotary group reserved the whole theater for 105 rotarians and their friends to see this movie. It was alot of fun; Kendyl and I talked the entire time. There wasn't a moment of silence. It's starting to get annoying trying to have conversations with the other exchange students at my school that basically only speak german or french, so this was a very nice change. Her host parents are awesome too, they invited me to go to their farm next time they go and said I could come over whenever I want and they'll get me junk food:) (Ann doesn't have any)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em! Glad things are going so well. We would love to connect on skype, but as we figure it out, it will have to be either 11pm or 4am our time in order to hook up with you!! Hope you saw the pictures I emailed ot you from our family portraits!! Take care, love mom XXOOXOX

    ReplyDelete