Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20

Today was my first day of school. It was really fun actually, I met lots of other kids and they were all really happy to help me get around. Also, didnt have to go to the bus stop until 8:00. The bus costs 80 cents per trip I think. When I got to school I went into the library with about 30 other international student, about 28 Germans and 2 French. They were nice though..when they actually spoke English. My timetable wasn't set up right away so I had to shadow a year 13 girl (im year 12) into her calculus class then everybody had 30 min for morning tea. I went into D1, the international students room and ate there. Finally my timetable was ready and I went to chemistry. We were doing a lab in class and I was with 2 other German students so we had no idea what to do. Fortunately, the kids really all friendly and they helped us alot. Then I went to history with Svenja, the 1 German girl. This was 4th spell, so after that I went back to D1 for lunch. Some girls invited me and Lucas, another German boy, to have lunch with them upstairs with all their kiwi friends. They were all nice and it was alot of fun. Pretty sure I'm the only American in the building, some kids said they never get Americans here. Finally it was 4th spell, the last hour of the day, and I went to maths. The math curriculum is different here; in one year they cover a little bit of geometry, algebra, functions and trig, and either calculus or statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment