Thursday, August 20, 2009







These pics are from last saturday (Aug 15) when Ann took me around the bays.



On Saturday night, my next host family had a surprise birthday party for the mom. It was fun; there was lots of entertainment. I met the whole family too. There are 2 girls that are like 21 and 24 or something and a son that is 20. The family is really into music too, they all play instruments. Unfortunately, they live out in the middle of nowhere and it's like 45 min from my school. The son Jay's girlfriend is from New Jersey, so I talked to her alot. She has a major Jersey accent even though she moved to New Zealand 7 years ago, its pretty funny.

On Sunday, I slept in till 10, which is the latest since arriving here. Then at 3 pm I took a train with a bunch of friends to Wellington for the Pheonix soccer game. It was ok; soccer isn't as intense as rugby.

Monday night I did my rotary speech. I think it went well, even though it was only like 10 minutes long. People had lots of questions though. I think I kinda scared them when I started talking about winter. Everyone was shocked when I told them how cold it gets.

Tuesday I went to Wellington again. The drama kids in my school made a movie and it was playing in the Paramount Theater, so basically everyone from school went. It was a legit movie too, like 1.5 hours and really good effects.

Wednesday and today I went to the mall after school. Tomorrow is the ball and I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment