Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I know its been a while since I've written anything, so I'm just gonna go through my week.
Friday (July 31) I went to the Wellington rugby game versus Otago. I went with 25 other kids, half were kiwi half german. It was really fun:) The first pic is me Danielle and Dezi





















On Saturday, Me, Anna, Danielle, and Dezi took a bus into Wellington and went shopping. Sunday Peter and his wife took me and the Brazilian girl Carol out to breakfast then for a cable car ride.

Monday and Tuesday I just went to school and then to the mall afterwards. Wednesday I went smallbore rifle shooting haha. I was really good actually, considering I've never shot a gun before.

Today (thursday), I didn't have my chemistry homework done. Not that it really matters, we don't get graded on it. Anyways, the teacher gave me this paper and it was to replace the homework that I didn't do. It said, "Copy the words on this side of the page onto the other side in neat handwriting." and then there was this big apology to my teacher. As soon as she gave it to me, I started laughing cause I thought it was a joke. Then I got in trouble again.

School is really easy here. Especially since we don't get homework or tests (none that we're graded on at least) until the NCEA exams. School technically ends on November 2, but starting on Nov. 14, there are the exams which go throughout the month and basically you just show up at school whenever you have a scheduled exam.

During history, we usually get one page to read and then we do nothing for the rest of the hour. For spanish, I can probably speak better spanish than my teacher, and he's not even in the classroom for most of the spell. In english we're just reading a Shakespeare play. For math, we're starting calculus. We just took a math "test" a couple days ago, but you only needed to get 2 questions right in order to pass. As for tourism, my teacher actually came up to me and told me I might want to switch out because the class is so easy and slow paced. Chemistry is basically the only class that requires any amount of work from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment